On the lights tab in the advanced rendering options dialogue box, the query/edit lights button puts SketchUp into "not responding" mode and I have no choice but to close the software. I've tried waiting 10+ minutes! This seems to happen each time I try. Using SketchUp Pro 2016 on Windows 7.

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris:

What version of IRender nXt are you using?

PG08nxt 7.0

I'm asking because Query/Edit Lights isn't on the "Setup Options" -> "Lights Tab", although it used to be.  It is on the "Render Ready Components" dialog.

For very large models with lots of lights, this actually might take a while.  I was working with a 500MB model the other day, interestingly enough there were no lamps just the sun/sky - Query/Edit Lights did take several minutes to read through the model.

Russell D. Houlden said:

I'm asking because Query/Edit Lights isn't on the "Setup Options" -> "Lights Tab", although it used to be.  It is on the "Render Ready Components" dialog.

For very large models with lots of lights, this actually might take a while.  I was working with a 500MB model the other day, interestingly enough there were no lamps just the sun/sky - Query/Edit Lights did take several minutes to read through the model.  10 minutes does seem excessive.

I suppose it is a fairly large model, but yeah -- even with only sun and sky and one single lamp it was stuck thinking.

Also - there are a number of times when I've seen "Not Responding" - a Windows message, only to launch the Task Manager and see that SketchUp is consuming resources and so is actually running fine.  I think that there are situations when an application hasn't replied to Windows in a timely fashion (time-out) - and so the OS will post the "Not Responding" message, but that isn't necessarily an indication that the application has failed.

Yes of course, I get the "not responding" status label all the time while using iRender. It just won't snap out of it when attempting to load lights!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5