I am getting shadowing around all my edges when trying to render. Can anyone guide me to the correct setting to check? I would like clean crisp lines if possible, but my test renderings all seam fuzzy and dark!. The 1st image below is from the SKP model, the 2nd from the rendering (which I stopped after a few passes). Thank you!

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you turned on edge lines, or is this just a simple rendering with no special settings?

grab the left blue column, and put it in a new model, and upload the model here so I can look at it.

I created and attached a similar model.

Render this and see what you get. (See attachment)

Al - Edge lines were / are off. I didn't see an attachment to your 3rd reply, but I have attached the column from me you requested.

Al Hart said:

Have you turned on edge lines, or is this just a simple rendering with no special settings?

Al - Edge lines were / are off. I didn't see an attachment to your 3rd reply, but I have attached the column from me you requested.

Al - Edge lines were / are off. I didn't see an attachment to your 3rd reply, but I have attached the column from me you requested

Al - I emailed a file to Russell. I can't seem to get one uploaded here.

Sent the .SKP file to support@renderplus.com and I will take a look.

Al

This is a test to see if .skp attachments work.
If there is no attachment, just ignore it.

(The .skp attachment did not work)

I have the .SKP file.

Let me take a look

When I render it, it looks like this.

Did you render this model?

What version of IRender nXt are you using.

If you render it and get a different result, save the model and send it to me again, so I can compare our settings.

If you render it and get the same result as I did, then try copying and pasting your original model to the "Doe Al.skp" model and see if that fixes things. 

Al - I downloaded the latest version (PG23nxt 7.0, correct?), and the problem seams to have been solved. Do you have a suggestion on how I can get the white areas on my renderings to appear more white than gray? Thanks again for your help. Phil

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5