Hi Why is this image got many clored dots on them?

I turn the sky and sun off and turned on the lumanaires..Hope you can help..heres the pic

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I presume the trees are actual geometry - and not just a background image.

Give it about 3 times as many passes and see if the dots go away.

3 passes? this took 10 hours haha  and it took only 7 bars or so..so i stop it.. Did the trees made the rendering slow?
what do you meand give it 3 passes? thanx..

I meant, if you had rendered it for 20 passes, then try 20 X 3 (or 60 passes). Some problems go away with more passes. The lighting in this model is fairly complex, and it is going to take a lot of passes to resolve it.

Yes - the trees are probably slowing things down. Sometimes you just have to make the model simpler.

Did you use IRender nXt trees, or trees from some other source?

One trick you could use for this particular view would be to render the model with the trees in an invisible layer, and the ground turned off, save the rendering of the building as a transparent .PNG file, and then paste it on top of the original image, or paste it on top of an image with just the trees, but not the building. 

See: Alpha Images

thanx..

Al Hart said:

I meant, if you had rendered it for 20 passes, then try 20 X 3 (or 60 passes). Some problems go away with more passes. The lighting in this model is fairly complex, and it is going to take a lot of passes to resolve it.

Yes - the trees are probably slowing things down. Sometimes you just have to make the model simpler.

Did you use IRender nXt trees, or trees from some other source?

One trick you could use for this particular view would be to render the model with the trees in an invisible layer, and the ground turned off, save the rendering of the building as a transparent .PNG file, and then paste it on top of the original image, or paste it on top of an image with just the trees, but not the building. 

See: Alpha Images

The trees are from google warehouse..

If you get a chance try some of the IRender nXt trees and see if they render faster.

See: Plant Libraries

Thanks.. Ill try it now..
The Plant Libraries was really cool thnx AL..

Nice lighting.  The chuch glows like a lantern.  Is the Indirect Lighting (under Lights) set to Gather?  Gather looks cool, but takes a while to lose the dots.  If so, perhaps switching to Standard (or None) will get rid of the dots.

The other thing I can think of is the ground and building textures might have a sandpaper procedural map used in the material setting.  If so, the little sandpaper bumps could be reflecting some of the stained glass light - at least until a few more passes smoothes them out!

thanx...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service