Hey guys,

Just wondering if any knows about how to get windows reflections which is mirror reflective but still being able to see inside. I have an example to show I want my window reflections like this.

Thanks

[Edit by Al - add image to post]

Views: 103

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In general, this will work if the glass material is highly transparent, and has an index of refraction (try 1.25)

It will be necessary that you have something substantial to reflect.

To test with a simple model, Try placing some objects which will reflect much like the tree in your sample.

Do any users have experience with this?

I usually set the glass to the `metal`preset then increase transparency to between 75-85 that way you can achieve a strong reflection - It all depends on relative light falling on window also - set you lights on different channels and tweak after render in image editor to `maximise` the reflection.The sample above may have had the ambient light reduced to maximise effect - certainly does not look like strong sunlight.

Boothy

Thanks guys.

Going to try these new features out.

Hey Guys.

I think I have got the Window reflection right. Thanks to the metal idea.

Can you guys help me with the Balcony ceiling.

I have lights in there however its still dark.

Attachments:
Note: Instead of attaching images to your post, you can use the Image icon at the top of the edit window, while entering your post, and the image will be included and visible in the post without having to click on it.

Hi Rocky

Try using another indirect lighting setting (reflected light) on the Lights setup window- such as standard or gather, other than none.

Just tested below- I thought standard would provide some lighting of eaves, tried with lights still not much difference

Also try path trace.

None

Standard (with lights) does not seem to make much if any difference - thought it should.

Gather

Pathtrace

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service