Al/Rich some quick feedback as I've been like a cat on a hot tin roof
waiting for path trace, I've still to upgrade yet so no idea it works
with GSU8 - Sorry but so far I've found
1. Ray trace [Path Tracer] not working, even if selected.
2. Batch button on render window has slid down the page so far it just that you can only just make it out.

Richcat

EDIT Should read Path Trace not Ray Trace - I got a little excited

Edited by Al as well. (The Ray trace phrase had me too nervous)

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Path Tracer is not available yet. We weren't able to get the new toolkit integerate, so this is the old AccuRender toolkit from the last release posted.. I'll remove those radio buttons and fix the Batch button, and re-post it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks Rich - no problem ;-)
Hi Both

On my machine NXT actually renders ( SU8)when selecting path trace - have not left it long enough to tell difference - does state NXTbasic in stats - can just about open batch render dialog

Boothy

Richcat said:
Thanks Rich - no problem ;-)
Hi Boothy

Yes it renders when you select Path Trace but its still just basic nxt, as you have found in text, If it was Path Trace the initial passes might be more like original Accurender example blow

Sorry, the Path Trace rendering engine just isn't in there yet.
We've been rushing to get this beta out because SU 8 broke our interface.

We'll take a look at these things tomorrow and try to get a new version out.
(Is the Batch Button still not working?)

The Path Tracer was delayed because of a problem in the interface to the new engine. Roy thinks he has a fix for us, so we hope to have a Path Tracer version out next week.
Hi Al\Rich

Have you reuploaded beta ? I downloaded beta again this morning (8-30 GMT) and reinstalled - I now get following error - NXT fails to load and freezes SU8 - I then reloaded beta I downloaded last night which loads OK albiet with batch dialog error

Thanks Boothy

I did upload a new version with just the dialog fix, I thought.

I'll put the earlier one (with the batch button hidden, back right now and we'll test it some this morning.

Boothy said:
Hi Al\Rich

Have you reuploaded beta ? I downloaded beta again this morning (8-30 GMT) and reinstalled - I now get following error - NXT fails to load and freezes SU8 - I then reloaded beta I downloaded last night which loads OK albiet with batch dialog error

Thanks Boothy

Sorry Rich the above message was slightly incorrect - main NXT dialog does load but warning appears when you press settings button - The main dialog does seem to take longer to load in SU8.

Boothy
I posted a new version to download, JI10.

This version displays the "Batch Rendering Settings" button properly again, and doesn't have the radio buttons for selecting the "Path Tracer" rendering engine, which is not in there yet.

It also doesn't have the annoying debug message dialogs that were appearing in the second release I posted yesterday.

We are still working on getting the IRender toolbar to display correctly and dock. There may be a bit of a delay when it loads, since SketchUp suggested that we add a small timer delay to the add toolbar function to help with the docking. As I say, we're still working on that.
Hi Rich

Yes that seems to fix the previous problems and batch dialog is visible - seemed to load in SU slightly quicker too !

Thanks
Boothy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11