Hullo,

I am not able to obtain shadow while rendering tree rpc models within SU 7 Pro.

Is there any possibility to make some adjustment?

I would appreciate any helpful information.

AC

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RPC models may not cast shadows properly in SketchUp.

Do they work properly inside our renderer?

Can you post an image?

Thank you for your prompt response. Alas, the cast shadow of rpc trees does not appear inside the renderer (final product).
I am aware of simplified shadow form casting within SU (rpc models).

Attached-please-find an image rendered.
I know we do some things to different types of RPCs that are really just images from a certain angle, to make them cast some sort of a shadow.

I'm wondering if this if a "type" that we haven't seen before.

// The RPCapi::Content represents the type of content
// of an RPC. The current types of content are
// 2D, 2.5D, 3D, 3.5D, and Smart.

Is this an RPC that you can send us to test, or is it one we would have to download from ArchVision or somewhere else?
I use standard rpc models dowloaded from ArchVision site via All Access utility.

In this very case I have applied a model called RPC_Hawthorn from Trees (General) group.

I have noticed the cast shadow problem in all tree models.
Making some tests I have found that direction of shadow make some difference, ie if shadow is directed behind the model the program 'more easily' generate the shadow.

Hope finding the clue,

AC
When we place an RPC 2D tree, we face it towards the camera.

It will cast a shadow for the sun which is in front of or behind the camera. But when the sun is at 90 degrees to the camera line, the shadow is too thin to see.

We are checking with the nXt Engine programmer to see if he has any ideas. Otherwise we will offwe you an option to place the tree as a criss-cross (parallel and perpendicular to the eye, not at 45 degrees as in SketchUp) and this may work better for shadows.
Thank you for your response.
One observation though: do you notice the difference between shadows at the picture above?
The same models (trees) same angle, etc, The difference (The very left tree and ones on the right side) is quite strong, isn't it?
The RPC trees are placed for rendering facing toward the camera eye, so they are placed at different angles in the rendering, with the one on the left facing more directly toward the sun. I believe that is why is has a larger shadow.

Artur Chojnacki said:
Thank you for your response.
One observation though: do you notice the difference between shadows at the picture above?
The same models (trees) same angle, etc, The difference (The very left tree and ones on the right side) is quite strong, isn't it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service