Hi All

I have just downloaded the RPS 3D PDF and I am not getting very far with it.

The SKP file that I am trying to PDF is not very complicated but does have my own photos as a material/render - could this cause problems and cause it to crash?

I have managed to get a PDF created but it has nothing in it. Could this be due to Adobe recently upgrading to Adobe Reader X?

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards

Will

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Upload your model to the Uploads tab above, and we will take a look at it.

Be sure to add a comment as you upload it so we remember what the upload was for.

The Sketchup file that keeps crashing when I use the 3D PDF 
Attachments:
Sorry but its the SKB but the other wasnt uploading!!

I was able to create a PDF with your file.

There were 568,508 faces in the model. The sketchup file is very small, but the nested components and groups contain a lot of geometry.

It took 30 minutes on my laptop to extract all the faces.

Could it have been that it merely seemed as if SketchUp had crashed, because nothing was happening? Or did it really "crash" for you?

Our progress message in the status bar on SketchUp is useless for this model, since we only change it by the percent of components and faces that are processed. A large nested component defeats this. We can change it to also update the status after every 1000 faces, so that it shows you that it is still processing. 

Also, can you post the PDF that you made with nothing in it, so that I could see if it displays on my machine?

I'll upload the PDF that I made, to see if you can see the model in it.

Thanks.

Here is the PDF I created, using your model.
Attachments:

Hi Rich Hart

I have attached the PDF - its 0kb so I doubt there anything on it

Sketchup say at the bottom 1% writing geometry then crashes but like you said could be the nested components - the screws

I have successfully PDF some other simpler files

No, there is no need to post an empty file.

willatfensec said:

Hi Rich Hart

I have attached the PDF - its 0kb so I doubt there anything on it

Sketchup say at the bottom 1% writing geometry then crashes but like you said could be the nested components - the screws

I have successfully PDF some other simpler files

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service