I am using the demo version and am having problems with medium sized renders. The render stops about half way through. This happens intermittently and never if the render is small. These renders are not all that big, about 2000 by 1200 pixels. Please let me know how to fix this or if I should expect this problem from the software.

Thanks,
John

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're not aware of anything that would cause this, except running out of memory while processing. We've even seen large models that appear to stop rendering, when the computer shifts into using memoroy on the disc, that will fininish the rendering if given the extra time needed while using the "swap space" needed for the memory.

Can you send us a model that fails to test? We can see if if renders here for us. There could be some simple thing that we'll be able to isolate and fix.

Please go to this page:

http://www.renderplus.com/htm/uploads.htm

and follow the instructions, to send us a large file.

Make sure you send me an email telling me that you sent us the file, so that we notice that is has been uploaded.
How much RAM do you have in your machine?

Are you using Windows 7 or XP?
I have 12 gigs of ram and am running windows 7 64 bit. Its a new machine with the core i7 processor, works flawlessly with all my other programs. It is doing the same thing with both small and large models. Checking task manager shows that the system is not using more than about 2 gigs wile rendering.

Al Hart said:
How much RAM do you have in your machine?

Are you using Windows 7 or XP?
That is a plenty large machine!

Send us the .SKP and we will try it here.
THis is probably obvious and please do not be offended if incorrect - have you set the time limit to 0 in render dialog (this will allow NXt to render until finished) if set to default - I think it 600 secs - it will finish on set time

As I say probably already covered - but sometimes obvious can be the problem

Boothy
Good thought Boothy.

I forgot to ask if it stopped with a message, or core dumped.

Somehow the way things have been going this week, I assumed it either froze or produced a core dump.
Both
I was thinking along same lines as Boothy and have just I just tried a "silly time render" like one second, and it continued until first pass was done. Tried other random times and again it stopped not at chosen time but at end of first render after pass time indicated.

Could it be the auto save every 5 passes (default)

Re reading posts.
You said its intermittent, and in first post not with small renders I presume you mean small render image size .
In a later post you say it happens for both small and large models, which would indicate that rendering @2000x1200, might be the issue.
Whats the largest you can render?

I'll give 2000x1200 ago see what happens, on my old laptop.

Which version of nXt are you using?
I have always thought that 0 would probably better as default in render timing - this may not be the problem but would eliminate a potential issue - John did say he was using the demo version which may suggest he his new to our little universe - apologies again John if your a mega cad diva and I have completely misread the post.

Boothy
Hi Boothy

Completely agree with you about default setting of 0. I hope I haven't offended you :-0 I don't think you misread the post as I said my first and only thought (you beat me to posting it) was this setting (which has happened in the past) as I'm sure previously when you set it to say 10 seconds that's all it did, and stopped mid render.:-)
I have always set mine to 0 or now the new setting "no limit render until stopped", never the time setting to avoid this potentially issue- as you say.

When I was trying it out the timing setting I thought I would re read the posts (as completely board with 2d tender packages at the moment, but it pays the bills- rendering is such good distraction therapy), to glean any additional info and just felt that there was a subtle difference which I wanted to high light, to see if John could confirm this or provide any further info.

I tried 2000x1200 no problem - Beta IJ16, tried larger (7000 up) no problem, and very clean renders.

Cheers Richcat

Ps. Anyway Friday beer night coming soon - I think Al & Rich need one at the moment - they deserve it, and I definitely need one.

PPS Boothy how are you getting on with GSU8, I haven't updated yet, which is unusual for me as as soon as its out "I must have It"
Hi Richcat

Did not see any offence - SU8 is much of amuchness really - visible backplains are useful (provides hidden detail of rear vectors rather than using full blown xray) - visually much easier when rear editing complex models - `remote` push pull I find annoying - still no 64 bit version sadly - The solid tools (basically various forms of Boalean modification)are good and provide a faster\more refined method of modifying geometry rather than model interpenetration\deletion I keep forgeting them and modding the old method - A lot of mods are relative to LAYOUT which I never use has its slow and I prefer other means of presentation and does not relate to NXT.Other that being compatible with other SKP files I would not rush out and buy if not required.I have not check out any change to import filters etc - I have also had a lot 2D design work at moment and have only produced 2-3 commercial SU\ rendered visuals over last 2 months.

Have one for me !

Boothy
Thanks Al and everyone else. This is bit much to digest but I will try some things when I have a chance.

I am making clay renders with sky, sun and a few lights. I have been having the problems with various models so I don't think this is a file issue.

I have the passes set to 40 and the time to 0.

I have tried it with auto save at 20 passes just so I would have something if it fails.

I am having various and intermittent problems.

The render fail to complete and a message comes up warning that the render has stopped.

Some times it just stops after the first save at 20 passes, with no message.

Some times it completes the render but the processor stays pegged to 100% for 10 minutes after. Then I am locked out of everything except rendering window.

I have been trying out most of the sketchup renderers and this one is the most promising but if I can't rely on the renders I will be wasting too much time to make it practical.

There are few other concerns I have. There is no separate ambient occlusion pass, I like this feature on other renderers. It would be nice if it could keep the two point perspectives from sketchup.

Thanks again for your help!

Al Hart said:
Good thought Boothy.

I forgot to ask if it stopped with a message, or core dumped.

Somehow the way things have been going this week, I assumed it either froze or produced a core dump.
It would be nice if it could keep the two point perspectives from sketchup.

Two point perspective should be processed properly.

If they are not, send us another small model to test it.

Here is a quick sample of rendering a 2 pt perspective from SketchUp

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service