I have a irender nxt for the pc version of sketchup and am switching to a mac and want to install to Sketchup 8.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Views: 4834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you type (or paste) into the Ruby Console (including the single quotes)

load 'IRender_Nxt_loader.rb'

and press the enter key, what do you see?

how about if you type or paste:

load 'Render Plus/IRender_Nxt2.rb'

What do you see?

I'm still looking for an error message, or something...

After typing in the second suggestion.  I clicked on the drop down plugin irender load and get this error message:

`load_irender'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt/ruby/Irender_base.rb:230:in `load_irender_nxt_stable_release'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt/ruby/Irender_base.rb:409
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:84:in `call'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:84

I looks like part of the error abobe 'load_irender' was cut off.

Cna you scroll up and get the rest of the erro rmessage?

Or right click on the Window and use "Select All" and then "Copy" to copy everything in the window?

Sorry:

'IRender_Nxt_loader.rb'
IRender_Nxt_loader.rb
'Render Plus/IRender_Nxt2.rb'
Render Plus/IRender_Nxt2.rb
loading IRender_nXt STABLE RELEASE Stable Release
loading IRender_nXt: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt LOAD MODE: 3
load_irender: $rps_file: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb exists: true
***** Loading: ardll_start.rb
File loaded: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb
***** Loading: comm_dcl_routines.rb
***** Loading: ardll_dcl.rb
start_irender: $irender_nxt_load_mode: 3 which: nXt
Creating new $irnxt mode: 3
IRender initialize
INIT: $irender_nxt_load_mode: 3 $irender_nxt_release_folder: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt
LOAD MODE in  (initialize) NEW: 3
$irender_nxt_release_folder: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt
IRender_nXt: @app_name: IRender_nXt dll_name: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll
@dll_folder: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt
dll_name: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll
GETWD: C:/Program Files/Render Plus Systems/IRender_nXt/bin_nXt
GetDllDirectory: (before set) C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt
GetDllDirectory: (after set) C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXtDLL exists - loading DLL functions: C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll
Error: #<LoadError: 126: The specified module could not be found.   - C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll>
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll
C:/Program Files/Render Plus Systems/IRender_nXt/ruby/ardll_dcl.rb:106:in `initialize'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:82:in `new'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:82:in `start_irender'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt/ruby/Irender_base.rb:181:in `load_irender'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt/ruby/Irender_base.rb:230:in `load_irender_nxt_stable_release'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt/ruby/Irender_base.rb:409
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:84:in `call'
C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\ruby\ardll_start.rb:84

Error: #<LoadError: 126: The specified module could not be found.   - C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt/IRender_nXt.dll

The error says that it can't find the file above.

I assume that that file does exist for you in that folder, Right?

No the file is there with the correct path.

Then I assume that either it won't run on your system, or perhaps the path, which includes both forward and backward slashes, doesn't work on the Mac.

Could you try running this file and see if it works for you:

C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\bin_nXt\IRenderBatch.exe

It's a stand-alone executable that should run and ask you to select a file to render.

Rcih

I get an error message saying:

This application has failed to start because MSVCR.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

We never get any error messages about MSVCR.dll not being found, so I din't know where to start to fix this.

I think I'm going to have to try to duplicate the problem you're having here.

We do have a Mac here, but never run an Windows programs on it.

Can you give me a few steps explaining what I would have to do to configure our Mac to try to run SketchUp using Windows, as you are?

What Mac operating systems are you're using, and what additional software would I have to install?

OSX 10.6.8 on the mac
I am running windows XP service pack 2 on the windows side. 
I set this up with  Parallel 6 to partition the drive and set up the user-face between the two.

We only have one Mac with that new of an operating system, and cannot re-partition the drive at this time, so I guess I can't do that.

Could you try running the executable:

C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\IRender_nXt\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

and see if that runs without any error.

That's the Microsoft program that's supposed to onstall any DLLs that we need to run our applications.

I run the exe file and a window appears with a status bar with "Microsoft C++ Redistributable" in the header -this also loads near  the end of the IRender install.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service