Al/Rich

Noticed this on Kitchen render.

When walls and ceilings are perpendicular (flat box shape) to each other no problem, when ceiling is sloped (wedge) ie not @90 then you get light bleed from outside.
Image below

EDIT delete next post and added by invisible tool bar

Attached skp test light bleed.skp

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is the top of the box (ceiling) a separate group \component to the walls ? I only ask because I sometimes find that the standard renderer can sometimes have bleed from sun if the componenets are not overlapped.

Boothy
No group or component to walls ceiling, but I'll try over lapping the top plane of the box see if that works.

EDIT extended top box plane but there is still an edge still there and renders with light bleed again

EDIT Its appears not be edges or edge lines (I drew some in example below) but where planes meet at angles

Are there 3 planes on the ceiling, but only one for each wall?

EDIT: Is this in path tracer, or both?
Yes 3 planes as I divided it up to see if it was the edge/lines causing the problem an single for walls, Model attached above before splitting planes, which they appear not to. Thinking about it I'll try 3 planes to ceiling at different angles - report back later.

The above images are both path tracer last one with render edges lines , below packet method which shows less bleeding but its there

Here is the same model without lights, with PT:

And here it is with Packet mode:

I will point Roy to this thread, but I think the answer, if you want to avoid bleeding entirely is to make the ceiling and walls thick. All rendering is done in single precision math, and some errors in calculations of intersections will always be possible.
No problem- Thick walls it is. :-) don't know how these paper thin walls stay up away.
Roy says that this is the way it works. So use thicker walls when things bleed through.
Maybe we could write an auto-caulk routine!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service