Hi we are thinking of buying irender XT does anyone know the mimimum recomended hardware spec for the software.

Also if we buy one package is it easy to move between computers if we need to.

Views: 692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i meant irender nXT

We recommend at least 2 gig of RAM, but we don't have any minimum requirements. We don't use the graphics card at all.

That said, the faster, the more memory, the better.

It's easy to move the license to a new computer. There is a button on our license dialog to do it yourself, or you can contact us and we'll deactivate the old computer, and activate the new one.

Rich

Thanks my current machine has a Intel Intel Core 2,  2.666MHZ  Processor. Other threads on this forum seem to imply speed  is more down to the number of cores on the  processor   as opposed to memory   although 4gb of ram is recomended see

http://irendernxt.com/forum/topics/new-computer

Bit confused here.

Cheers

Ben

The 64-bit, multiple core machines with more 4GB RAM or more are working very well.

(32 bit machines to not take advantage of the additional RAM)

Speed is mostly dependent on number of cores X processor speed.

RAM only comes into play for very large models. But 4GB RAM or more is pretty standard on multi-code, 64-bit processor machines.

(Your original post asked for the minimum requirements. But a quad-core, 4GB, 64-bit machine will be much better than then "minimum" requirements)

Is it possible to render in IRenderxt  more than 1skp file at a time on the same 64bit OS system.

I have Intel Core i7 with 16 GB of ram.

Yes - you can start 2 renders, and they will both run at the same time, and with that much RAM, they will not run into each other. But, of course, it will take slightly longer to complete both, then to complete just one.

However, you will have to use the Batch Render settings, to place them in separate folders, so they do not get confused. And you may have to start them in separate instances of Sketchup. If you start a second rendering from the same instance of SketchUp, it will terminate the first rendering for you. But if you have two SketchUp running, and two separate batch render folders, it should work OK.

(The separate batch render folders are much more important if for some reason you need to restart either rendering. technically, once you start one rendering, you can then start the second one and the first will continue. But things might get confused later if you want to make changes and re-render, or if you want to import any changed made while rendering back into SketchUp)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service