Hey Al:

I just downloaded V4..........the background positioning wizard is not there as you show it in your tutorial. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Chris

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

[Edit - I removed this post. It turned out that since we first wrote our save alpha routine for SketchUp, SketchUp has made save alpha image work directly from SketchUp.. (It used to only fork for the Mac). So we will use that instead.]

Actually your question "Where is the Wizard" may have meant "Where is it in IRender nXt"

If so, ignore all the additional explanation.

The Background Positioning Wizard is loaded from the Preview button on the Background Setup tab in IRender nXt.

Or you might have been referring to the Lighting Channels Wizard in one of Boothy's posts.

Yes I will ignore additional explanations because I have something else in mind at the moment and I don't really  understand it. -Lol-

So, I think I'm effectively  talking about this "Preview" button. See below

Your preview button is there, but it is greyed out, (disabled).

It is greyed out because your background image is a .HDR, and our background wizard only works with standard raster image formats such as .JPG and .PNG

ah ok, I just selected the bad image

Hi Al\Rich

K130 seem to work fine - thanks very much - Rich perspective mode is a very nice touch !

1.If you are thinking of an horizon line toggle a toggled`perspective grid`would make it virtually idiot proof.

2.Could you apply self glow to background image ?

Thanks again

Boothy

Boothy said:

Hi Al \Rich

The dialog now opens fully on my 64 bit office machine - it also closes without bugsplat.

Unfortunately :-

1. You cannot see image (see image below) due to windows being occluded (the background wizard works fine post render in render window).

2. If you close back wizard in SU and reopen the wizard straight away the dialodgpresumes that no image is loaded and you have to reload image via browser although the previous image has not been cleared.

Thanks

Boothy

OOPs !

The background wizard is now working OK in SU but the background is not visible in initial render - if you rerender in render window it works OK. Also background wizard is not retaining\saving image.

Boothy

Oops - I see the same problems.

- The Perspective settings are not coming over from SketchUp

- When I browse for a background image, it does not always appear in the wizard.

We'll fix these and get a new version out Monday.

Al:

How does one get to the "position background" settings in SketchUp for nXt?

Chris

You click on the Preview/Position button on the Background tab:

Al:
I get this white rectangle that appears to represent the PC screen laid over the background image.....is this correct? I'll bet not.

Chris
Al:
I get this white rectangle that appears to represent the PC screen laid over the background image.....is this correct? I'll bet not. I see the SU model and I see the background jpg, but it's behind the white rectangle that covers virtually all of the background.
I'd like to upload an image but can't find a method to attach it to this message.

Chris

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service