Hello....

One of our architects is working with a very large (34MB) SketchUp file with lots and lots of complex geometries. He is using SketchUp 8 Pro.

After he opens the iRender setup window & hits the render button it begins to count the percentage of the model rendered in the lower left hand
corner of the screen as usual, albeit very slowly.

After awhile (when it reaches somewhere in the 80% range usually, the percentage counter goes away and
SketchUp returns to the default SketchUp modeling window.

No rendering window remains open.

He can use the still-open instance of SketchUp at this point, but as soon as he clicks on
the button to reopen the iRender setup window SketchUp automatically crashes.

We are curious if there’s a way to fix this, or if we have to render the model in separate parts?

Is this an instance of it being a version of SketchUp that is too new? Is the model too large?
Do we need to allocate more memory to the program? Is the alignment of the stars not favorable for rendering? Should Brett Favre have retired last season?

Please let us know what we can do as we are in dire need of getting these renders done.

Thank you.

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What version of IRender nXt are you running?

What version of SketchUp?

Also, how much memory do you have on that machine?
Well, we just purchased the renderer two weeks ago, so it better be the newest version. It is SketchUp 8.
Machine is running an Intel Xeon @ 2.53 Ghz with 3.43 GB of RAM....

Don't laugh, it's the office's computer.
Could you look at the version number on the about dialog, we're looking for something like "JJ20".

Since SketchUp 8 came out we've put out a few new versions.
The fastest thing would be to just send us the file, so we can try to render it here.

Please go to this page:

http://www.renderplus.com/htm/uploads.htm

and follow the instructions, to send us a large file.

Make sure you send me an email telling me that you sent us the file, so that we notice that is has been uploaded.
Good morning.... thanks for the help.

The IRender nxt we are running is version 3.5 JJ04nxt
Build Monday, October 4 2010

I will have to see what our office policy is for releasing digital files. We may have to get you to sign a release form. I realize it is a hassle, especially since you are helping us, but that is unfortunately the law of the land around here.

Thanks again.
There is a JJ20 version posted.

It includes a fix for caustic glass that was causing a problem like this. Please try that, it may fix it for you.

Other fixes for the newer releases are listed at:

IRender nXt / nXtRender - new stable version - JJ20

in this forum.
Thanks Rich! I will see if this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by