Hi there,

I have the following strange problem: when rendering my model from Sketchup, everything shows up. But when rendering batch, the trees are missing. Other images show up. Any idea?

(Latest versions of all software)

Chris

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you say "rendering batch", do you mean that you're rendering it on another computer?

Or just rendering from the saved batch files on the same computer?

I rendered on the same computer. Works fine for everything except the trees.

Chris

PS. However, I noticed that in many cases of images (textures) that are NOT trees, these images are sometimes rotated in nXtRender. I found a workaround for that, however: just align the axes (in the component that contains the image) with that image.

I can't duplicate it here.

Could you send me the batch folder? 

Maybe it won't work for me, or I'll see something that might be the culprit.

Hi Rich,

thanks for looking into my problem. Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately (?), the problem is gone as mysteriously as it came. In newer batch renders, the trees do show up again.  I am not aware of any changes in my settings.

Well, another (unrelated) question: in the attached render, I have a wardrobe and closet at the window with the ArMaterial  "Oak - White Stained - Light - No Gloss". Well, they definitely do not look like wood. What am I doing wrong here?

Best regards,

Chris

Attachments:

I know those woods in the nXt Material library work best for objetcs that are carved out of  s single piece of wood.

Again, maybe post or send me a small model with that chest with that material on it, and I'll see if I get similar results.

Hi Rich,

attached is a ZIP file containing a cube as a simplified wardrobe. The material is Oak, but it looks really not at all like that. What am I doing wrong?

Best,

Chris

Attachments:

Regarding the missing trees, the problem showed up again just as I said it is gone. Murphy's law, I guess.

Could it be that it is coming up because I rename the render directory?

I.e., I let Sketchup write the render directory, in the evening I rename that directory and start the batch overnight (on the same computer though). Is there anything that one has to take care of when renaming the render directory?

Best,

Chris

I've tried that here, copying and renaming the saved batch folder, and then starting the rendering from both the 'start_irender_batch.bat' file in the folder, and also by launching IRenderBatch.exe and selecting  the "nxt_render_params.txt" file in the new folder location.

I always get the trees to render.

Maybe you could zip that renamed folder and send it to me, and let me run it here.

I would like to send you something, but the problem occurs only sometimes. Currently, the trees are there. Next time they are not, you get the batch directory.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service