Hi guys, I could really do with your help please. I'm a beginner to Irender (associated with Sketchup) and am trying to use the HDRI skies. Irender tells me that they're not loaded and do I want to download them. I click yes and am directed to the Renderplus landing page. I can click on the appropriate files and download them - BUT what do I do with those HDRI sky files? They don't automatically load into Irender, so presumably they need to be manually loaded into the library? How do I do that please, and exactly where should they go? I would be eternally grateful for some help on this.

Many thanks

Jon

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DId you click on the file in the ZIP file you installed to install the libraries?

Hi. Thanks for coming back to me. I'm having a little difficulty logging in, otherwise I would have come back to you a little earlier.

I was able to download the zipped HDRi sky files individually.  I was also able to unzip and unload the HDRi file. I can certainly click on them but there appears to be no opportunity to install them. 

I'm certainly impressed by Irender so far and am about to purchase a licence. Might the problem be that automatic installation for HDRi files will not work on the 30 day evaluation copy? I'm simply trying to show my office colleagues (architect practice) what the software can do for us, hence the need to download the sky HDRi files. Many thanks.

We have a library of HDRI, Material, and Plant samples that we have available on our downloads page. We thought that you were referring to that. That is a large zip file that has to opened and  installed in order for IRender to find those HDRi files. Those libraries work with the Trial version.

But, if you are just using an individual HDRi file, with an HDR extension, you just load the the HDRi option dialog and use the box with the 3 dots on it to browse for and select the HDRi file. You don't need to download those libraries. Just select and use the HDRi file, using the button below.

Guys, just to say thank you very much for your assistance with my problem of a few days ago. Your help was superb.

I'm very impressed with the rendering product and the help desk support. 

Keep up the good work.

Many thanks.

Jon Smale

Hi Jon

I am a big fan of irenderNXT. When I started out using the software the help desk was a massive plus. You actually speak to the people who wrote the programme ! I had a small issue with something I wanted to do using the software. Within 48 hours of me asking a question on the help desk these guys wrote some additional code and posted a revised version of the programme for me to download that did exactly what I needed. I have never known such a helpful and expert help desk on any application I have ever used, and I've been using computers since the early 1980's.

Rich and Al Hart are as good as it gets ! period.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm completely new to irender within sketchup and am still exploring it, but yeah I have to say that I'm very impressed by the results, and of course, the help desk back up. The last time I used a rendering product was about 17 years ago, and that was Accurender associated with Autocad. I remember that Accurender came in the form of about 14 or so floppy discs - and there was always a corrupt disc in there somewhere. I seem to remember the computer crashing a lot - although some of the rendering results were fairly good for the time.

I've rediscovered that clients do love 3d images, and to suddenly work with irenderNXT is a joy. 

You sound like an advanced user of the software - are you a designer?

Best regards

Jon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service