Ready to take the plunge this weekend.  Tried to go thru the different messages, wondering if Al or someone can post clear steps AND especially links to the correct nxt files when going to Sketchup 8.  Basically, what what has to be uninstalled, reinstalled and in what steps,

thanks,

Larry 

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have the data in this thread: Installation into SketchUp 8

Downloads

Click on Downloads and select the latest version of IRender nXt (currently JJ26)

Reinstalling

The cleanest way to do this is to:

1. Uninstall the application. This will remove it from the old version of SketchUp.
To uninstall, download the latest version, and if it offers Reinstall/Uninstall - choose Uninstall. If the only option is install - then skip this step 1.
2. Re-install it selecting the new SketchUp location.

If you uninstall and reinstall, then when you install later upgrades, they will install into the proper version of SketchUp. (You will be prompted for the SketchUp version - choose SketchUp 8)
Click refresh on the downloads page - mine shows JJ29. JJ26

[[Edit - this post was supposed to be on the Revit thread]]
Just to be clear:

JJ26 is the latest post for IRender nXt for SketchUp.

JJ29 is the latest post for the Revit product, AccuRender nXt for Revit.

Al Hart said:
Click refresh on the downloads page - mine shows JJ29.
Al,

hopefully I'm not the only one working on the weekend. Sorry about not finding the other threads, guess I looked too quickly. Some forums have "stickies" with FAQs and other critical threads always on top...any chance of that? Anyway, followed the instrucitons uninstalled, reinstalled nxt in SU8 etc. I have SU 8 running and the menubar has Plugins - and the drop down from that has only 1 listing "Irender Beta - Load". Keep clicking that, nothing happens, no nxt avaiable. HELP!!!!!!!!!
There is no current Beta version you need to unnstall and/or remove it

remove IRender_nXt_Beta_loader.rb from the Sketchup plugins older, and completely remove the folder IRender_nXt_Beta from the Render Plus folder in Program Files.

You also could problbly uninstall the Beta version using Control Panel / Add or remove programs.

Larry Goldberg said:
Some forums have "stickies" with FAQs and other critical threads always on top...any chance of that?

We can't do Stickies. But I did add a new panel on the left side of the home page which may help.

Also - I "featured" this discussion - which seems to put it at the top.
well I'm back in business, it was that beta nxt and could only remove with the add/remove programs, but all is well, thanks

Al Hart said:
There is no current Beta version you need to unnstall and/or remove it

remove IRender_nXt_Beta_loader.rb from the Sketchup plugins older, and completely remove the folder IRender_nXt_Beta from the Render Plus folder in Program Files.

You also could problbly uninstall the Beta version using Control Panel / Add or remove programs.
suggest you "feature" your FAQ email from 10/21 as well

Al Hart said:

Larry Goldberg said:
Some forums have "stickies" with FAQs and other critical threads always on top...any chance of that?

We can't do Stickies. But I did add a new panel on the left side of the home page which may help.

Also - I "featured" this discussion - which seems to put it at the top.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I "featured" both the FAQ and the Upgrade threads - which places them at the top of the help desk - and also added them to the top of the right hand column of the web site.
The latest version gives you a chance to select a SketchUp version for
installation even when updating an old installation, so you do not have
to uninstall and reinstall to change versions anymore.
I have a little doubt. i have the full version of IRenderNXT on my SU7...if i download the 8th version of SU and reinstall IRenderNXT, will i be able to use the full version of it or i will have to purchase it again?
If you purchased your license within the past 12 months, you can upgrade to the latest version at no charge - which will work with SU 8.

If your license is more than 12 monhs old, you will need to purchase an upgrade to use IRender nXt with SU 8.

An upgrade is $195.00

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service