Hi Rich

1.Positioning works well, thanks

2.When I use `multiply mode` which does an amazing job of isolating a white background (looks really good) - the rest of the image also appears slightly transparent ( see below).

3. When changing settings in layer tab > layers and then going back to foreground tab - the changed settings in foreground tab had not been applied  - this is not a problem unless it means the changed settings are unaffected.

Anyway I think the layers wizard is a great move forward (I will have a play with HDRI tab next week on a project) - It would still be good to tweak the background light levels of image post render (being able to tweak image tonally so reflections etc are not affected)- is there anyway of using a `flat` HDRI image within wizard and therefore able to use the HDR lighting channels facility afterwards ?

Thanks for your usual prompt and effective support.

Boothy

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks.

2. We'll take a look at Multiply mode. Al and I were looking at it yesterday. I wasn't real sure of what it was supposed to do. We'll compare it with Photoshop some more.

3. I'll check the settings to make sure they all stick between the Layer Wizard and the different tabs. We sort of rushed this out to get the HDRi preview stuff out there, and there are a lot things that still need to be synched and tested.

We'll look into merging the HDRi image with the background and see how that works. 

2.When I use `multiply mode` which does an amazing job of isolating a white background (looks really good) - the rest of the image also appears slightly transparent ( see below).

Boothy - we based Multiply Mode on the similar mode in PhotoShop. It treats white as transparent, black as opaque and everything else as semi-transparent. Have you used multiply mode in Photoshop and is that what is does?

Perhaps we should add another mode called "Treat White as Transparent"?

Multiply Mode, according to Photoshop help:

Looks at the color information in each channel and multiplies the base color by the blend color. The result color is always a darker color. Multiplying any color with black produces black. Multiplying any color with white leaves the color unchanged. When you’re painting with a color other than black or white, successive strokes with a painting tool produce progressively darker colors. The effect is similar to drawing on the image with multiple magic markers.

Hi rich

Actually you do get the same transparent effect with `multiply ` layer in Photoshop - I have always associated it with reducing `white` content of layer so therefore automatically presumed that was its purpose - obviously greater minds than ours ! I just assumed because that one particular filter was selected it was to be used for this purpose ,anyway sorry for any worry or confusion,it does however anti- alais the image due to its transparent content very well. Transparent PNG files seem to work OK without filter.

Thanks

Boothy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service