After running across the RenderPlus video on YouTube about the 3D PDF capabilities here:

http://youtu.be/j-gWlMbGBGY

That said, I jumped into a model, shot out a rendering, and followed the instructions on the video.  My menu options are all the same as suggested, CAD lighting and all the same check boxes selected.  

In 2 different models, one with parts used from the 3D warehouse along with models made by me, and the other completely made in house, I get the following message:

"A 3D data parsing error has occurred."

Chunks of my models are then missing in action when I go to view the 3D model and my lights go wrong.  

This feature is the coolest thing I've seen yet because I use the renderings in direct dealings with customers on orders.  Giving them the ability to explore their products before they purchase is going to be a huge step from our already awesome rendering capabilities (thanks to RP).  I just have to get the bugs worked out.  

Any help will be awesome.

Thanks

Lee

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To add to this, I've read the other threads and saw one suggesting trying the most simple shapes.  I did a cube and colored each side different.  Got the same error.

I don't know if my render settings are important so here is what I alter from the default HDRI settings:

5 pass.

SketchUp Size

-Lights:

- Use Indirect Lighting = Standard

- Enable Artificial Lighting = Yes

- Channels to use = 8

Other than those settings, I'm in line with the High Dynamic Presets.

Hi

I get the same error message.

Mike

The error message started appearing after we updated Acrobat Reader to version 10.1.2.

We have contacted Abobe and sent them a sample file for testing. Hopefully they can fix something on their end, or tell us what we need to change to be compatible with their new version of Acrobat Reader.

Wwe are trying to determine what the problem is.

So reverting back to an older version will be a temporary solution?  If so...what version would you recommend?

To be clear, loading a previous version of RPS 3D PDF will not help, Al meant that if you installed an earlier version of Acobat Reader that you would not get the error message.

With regards to the Error Message, I received this email from AcroBat:

"I could reproduce the problem at my end and have reported the same to the engineering team who will now be working on it.

We shall hopefully have the issue resolved with future updates."

So perhaps they will be able to fix it on their end soon. We will also look into solving the problem ourselves. 

Hi Rich

If I was a betting man my money would be on you solving it quicker than Adobe  !

Thanks for looking into this guys.  Great customer service again.  Will there be a notification sent out or anything on your end when this occurs?  

I did mean a previous version of Acrobat.

I'll try to add a reply here, and also on the New versoin page, when we get a fix, one way or the other.

We posted a new version with a fix for this error message.

Things are improving!  I'm no longer getting the error message.  However, when I make a component in SU, render it out, and make a PDF, somewhere in that translation, my file loses integrity.  I can understand the complexity of the model is going to have a good deal to do with that.  Taking that into consideration, I made some watered down versions of what I tried to make interactive and even with a single piece from my model, I get errors.  

In my first model, the under side of a table top was a green color...didn't think much of it.  I then went to do a full size furniture showroom.  This must have been too complex.  I know it's a 33mb PDF and with all the geometry that was in it...again...i can see the overload translating out as garbled up models in the PDF.  My render settings were on the SU Ratio size....so it's a pretty good size image that comes out.  This PDF file was roughly 33MB

At this point, I've gone in and made a less intense version.  I took out a laptop stand with a laptop downloaded from the SU warehouse and rendered it.  The laptop was modeled with a texture for the screen as well as the shell.  In the rendering, the shell is wrapped in the background image directions.  My concern isn't the laptop near as much as it is the stand it sits on.  This stand has a top and bottom with rounded edges that are again garbled up.  The shapes with square edges in this file seem to be fine.  It's the rounds that don't translate smoothly.  This PDF file is roughly 3MB.

I've come to realize that showing my customer the interactive showroom may not be a possibility due to the file complexity.  Is there any way this could still happen by way of this plugin?  I know nothing helps like seeing the PDFs in question.  I'm working on that and will have those up shortly.

Thanks

Lee

We posted a new version today with a couple of fixes that should help. We were not properly processing 24 bit jpeg textures, and we were not getting the correct normals for some surfaces.

I made a PDF of the laptop stand, which I assumed was the one you were looking at and now get this result:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5mdv3e3esaz6aeb/folding laptop stand_1.pdf

Here is an image of the PDF:

One trick to do is make sure the "Export  2-sided faces" is turned off on the Options/Model tab. Then we only export the front sides of faces in the model, making the U3D model only half as complex. This also fixes the Z fighting that you were probably seeing in your model.

Please try this latest version.

I've used the recommended settings.  

What I've done is made 3 PDFs using the same component.  At #3, I add a another component.  

_

Single Counter on Carpet: http://www.mediafire.com/?bllle597rbmb9tb

Same Counter repeated 4 times on carpet: http://www.mediafire.com/?tjz4xycra5mvjjb

Same Counter repeated multiple times, added 90 degree turn component. http://www.mediafire.com/?3787a2r5ldkdogx

_

The Single component works.  However, my customers will buy longer configurations, so I want to show these larger layouts.  My model integrity is comprimised on the repeated counter PDF.  My tops are no longer flush with my sides.

_

On the largest layout, I recognize even more integrity loss.  I am using varying thicknesses of materials, ranging from .5" to 1.25" pieces here.  My .5" piece is the second layer of counter top.  On this model, this piece is now at least doubled in thickness.  On the back side of these counters, my components here seem swollen too....most of them.  Notice the middle divider panel is now paper thin where it was much thicker in the lesser layouts.  Also in this model, the 90 degree pieces are not raw tops.  The raw board is the interior color of that piece.  

_

Last, on the both the wide and largest layout, my components are recessed into the floor a piece.  This isn't critical to my issue, but it just goes to show there are some pieces lost in translation.

_

Thanks for all the work so far.  The laptop I mentioned earlier...same one you have shown there oddly enough.  

_

Thanks

Lee

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service