We added a new Lighting Preset to IRender nXt - HDRi Sky

Because of the new Image Layer Wizard - which make it easy to rotate and position HDRi skies, more and more people are using HDRi skies in the models.

This new Lighting Preset automatically makes the best settings for HDRi skies, and selects a nice sky with a mountain, background trees, sky and clouds.

If you want to use a different HDRi sky - just choose this preset and then go to the HDRi Setup tab to choose a different sky.

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Rich

Do you need any samples ?

Boothy

Rich - the presets seem to effect result also - if you use with new HDR1 preset it works albiet sometimes a little caotic.If you select interior with sun it seems to stop working - Boothy

There may be a misunderstanding here. I don't believe Planar HDRi's work for transparency. Either that, or we didn't implement them properly. (Roy once said: "Coming soon-- the ability to use planar HDRIs as visibile/refractive backgrounds. ")

I had meant to turn a 360 HDRi into an ordinary JPG background, not a Planar HDRi background), and then to use the Image Layer Wizard to modify the background after rendering the image.

`then to use the Image Layer Wizard to modify the background after rendering the image.`

Hi Al,

This is`nt possible at the moment - is it ? Can you affect jpegs post render ?

Thanks

Boothy

RIch did fix the Planar HDRi's to work much better. So you should have a good solution if you use the Path Tracer and Planar HDRi's

I was VERY wrong about using the background wizard to change backgrounds behind windows. The LPHA image we save from the rendering does not have transparency for the windows.  Windows have too much other stuff in them when rendered - refraction, reflection, etc.

You can position and stretch the background behind windows if you render the image with the windows hidden - and then re-render with them back on after positioning the background. (Rich is thinking of a way cut out the windows from the image while positioning the background and then putting them back in)

Hi Al

The sample I did the other day which seemed to work with HDRi sky was with standard renderer not path tracer !

I am keen to give it a go .The HDRi skies beacause of the impossbility to allign them in some coherent realistic scenario just makes unusuable for commercial work (I mean for seudo photo realistic representation - may be fine for illustration where no scale elavation or perspective is required.) This week I have tried extensive tests attempting to make 360 skies from panoramas and could not get any to allign convincingly afterwards.Even if vertical rotation was available its near impossible to allign background to eye line or scale.

Keep Trying !

Thanks

Boothy

Did you use the Sky channel to change the background, or did Channel 8 appear in Packet Mode?

I used sky Channel

I posted that new version with the Planar HDRi refraction fix.

See if that works for you.

Thanks Rich\Al

Its Friday at 11.00 pm and I am on my second scotch (Peatmaster - from an artisan Scottish brewery ) but I will give it a go when downloaded.

Thanks again for all your efforts

boothy

Hi Rich \Al

In Principle this seems to work, I still had to place background image and render ,then reuse (could not figure out how to work new button (if relevant to planar). Anyway planar seems to adjust well with sky lighting channel. I still cannot seem to see it in layer wizard when converted to HDR planar but renders OK. Does not seem to `reflect`in planar image (Al is this what you were refering to earlier?) Its been a long week and I really need to go to bed now - I will test further in the morning- thanks for your ongoing support.

Boothy

Thae advantage of the Path Tracer for this model is that you can then adjust the Background HDRi and the sky illumination separately. You cannot do that in Packet mode yet.

We did not include special stuff for Planar HDRi in the Image Layer Wizard, because, until Rich got it working properly this week, we did not think it worked very well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service