Rich, in addition to the two files I sent you I should tell you that John, at ArchVision, tried to help from his vantage point and had no success probably because he wasn't familiar with SketchUp.  But neither he nor I could get their RPC cars to come into my SketchUp drawing with any textures, just the negative outline.

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The problem that you're referring to is caused by the "Criss-Cross" option we have for the 2D RPC components. That option was added for those who wanted better shadows cast by the RPC trees, when the sun was off to the side of the view.

If you go to Options/More/Support and un-check the option "Use Criss-Cross for 2d PRC...", then you will just get the flat rendered image for the RPC that you expect.

If you want to use the Criss-Cross option for trees, to get the better shadows they produce, you can un-check "Receive Shadows" on the Entity Info dialog for the instances of the components placed in SketchUp.

Thanks! What I found is when I turn off the criss-cross option I get great rendering results and the shadows are still there! Win win.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service