Hi Al\Rich

The layer wizard is one of the most useful creations for a long while. Unfortunately I find that it continually crashes with a memory dump\fault if I tweak the background image position for an extended time or more than about 10 adjustments. I am sometimes having to restart SU 4-5 times before I can get the background image in the correct position. Apart from using smaller image files (no point creating hi res render if background is low res) have you any tips or workarounds. I have spent nearly an hour this evening just trying to position background for a render with 6 SU crashes and restarts.

Thanks in advance

Boothy

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had someone else report this, but I couldn't duplicate it.

I'll see if I can get it to happen here. Maybe I didn't try enough adjustments.

Please let me know if you see any pattern on how to reproduce it.

Does it happen to you if you do the positioning from the Render Window? Or just from SketchUp?

Hi Rich

I have emailed you a download link for sample model\image to test. I have only tried in SU, I am running some long renders overnight so will try in render window on Friday

See error below

Boothy, I posted a new version with a fix for this.

Please try that.

Thanks.

Thanks Rich

I will get back to you

Boothy

Works great Rich, I tried the sample model I had sent you last week and it did not crash at all. May be my imagination but the layer wizard did seem a little more responsive.

After install the program asked for licence validation, no problem with this , it has never asked before.

Thanks again for such quality support.

Boothy

Great.

I was a little nervous about posting this, because we were in the middle of changing the way the license authorization is stored. Hopefully we haven't broken it too badly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos
Mar 5