Does not render textures correctly in Sketchup (see screenshot)

I have a collection of around 800 Sketchup models I made

All models use a SINGLE png as a texture file

All models use single sided textures and are on layer 0

Downloaded 4 trial versions of Sketchup rendering systems

I like your product considering speed, options and price BUT

It is the only of the 4 products that does not render the textures correctly

Rendering problems show on at least 90% of my models

No rendering problems using the other 3 products although one product is crash prone, the other extremely slow

I tried it on my default Sketchup 8 and on another machine using Sketchup Make 2014

Same messed up results

Note the grille and back of the street sweeper (see attached screenshots)

Textures repeat them self or are skewed or completely in the wrong place

It is possible that I overlooked some settings

Please help as I would like your product to function

PS

I downloaded Ariel and has same problems as NXT

Views: 1546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is the model in a block? as it can cause problems when laying a texture.
also i'm not sure rending a .png image on a shape is going to produce any thing better then what u have now. just turn the line work off in sketchup would probably give you the same result. unless you have added reflection shin or bump. model every part of the truck and give it some color and add some refection and some glossy look.

Both plugins have a check box on the support dialog for surfaces that are not gettin the textures correctly:

Try checking that and see if it fixes it.

Also check to see what "process 2 sided faces" is set to on the IRender nXt Options/Special tab.

Or send us a model to try and we'll see what the problem is.

You can attach a model to a reply here by zipping it first, or send it to only to us using:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

Thank you for the Superb customers service!

No luck with the settings.

When I just render the "wrongly textured" polygons by them selves, everything works!

When rendering the whole model, things go haywire

I attached one sample.

In this sample, the front grille and part of the back does not render correctly.

THANKS 

Attachments:

rendered fine for me

Interesting,

Your front grille is perfect, but the box on the back of the truck still has the issues.

The red stripe should be aligned!

If you look closely, the front red stripe is a duplication of the next polygon in your render

Could this be graphics card related?

I have a vast collection of skp's all using single PNG photo texture.

Most have them have somewhere a texture issue when using nxt.

They do render OK using other rendering software.

BUT nxt is by far the most versatile and fastest of the four products I am trying

I notice that if I right click on a face where we are getting the texture wrong and select Make Unique Texture, then that face renders OK. Here I did that on the back panel and the grill:

We'll have to track this down and fix it.

Indeed that works also on all the other models

Unfortunately, the models are used for flightsim software that requires a SINGLE png texture file

PLEASE let me know if you can fix the culprit.

I'm still interested in purchasing the software when the glitch is fixed.

I will hold off on writing my review - comparison of the 4 products I am testing

v/r

Marc

I am impressed with your customers service

Hi All

Don't know if this will help tracking down if anything, but if you use the render selection of just those 2 surfaces they render OK.

To get them to render correctly with all the model, I had to select the surfaces close to each one of the ones not rendering properly then use Texture  - Position - Done (no movement )(side panel and front top of bumper). The two panels I had to do this to indicated - strange one!

Thank you for the hint

INDEED I tried your trick on some other models and it solves the issues!

In some more complex models it was hard to figure out on which "neighboring" polygon to click

Still weird that the models render OK using other rendering software and the models do display correctly in the flighsim

I tried the same models using Sketchup8, Sketchup2013 and Make 2014 but that does not make a difference.

Ariel and NXT give me the same results.

Is it possible that because of the fast rendering engine, it skips some surfaces?

Out of the 4 tested products, NXT (or Ariel) shines way above the competition when it comes to detail compared to rendering time

Hi All

Had a little play !

Something that worked for me was :

Right click on each face not rendering correctly and select 'make unique texture'

I did this to 3 faces.

Now when I rendered all seemed OK - see attached.

Regards

Mike

Attachments:

Thank you for the workaround.

Hi All

This is mainly aimed at Rich to give him some other areas to look at.

Re the Grill area.

If you sample the material of the grill area, then reverse faces for the grill area and apply the material to the reversed face , it then renders fine.

Re the triangular side panel with the red stripe.

If you right click ,choose texture/position and simply toggle the 'fixed pins' it then also renders OK.

No idea how these actions are changing the way it renders but I hope it will give Rich clues to the culprit.

Render attached

Regards

Mike

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity