Hello !

I’ve downloaded Space Design to test it with Sketchup 8.0 Prof. But I think that I do have problems with the font. When I use the country settings from germany in my system I will have problems.

When I change my settings  in my system everything seems to be o.k. but it’s not usefull in germany.

I hope you can help me.

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Al Hart, 

Have a similar problem. I've download the trial version and got a similar bug. The cost box always shows strange caracters. Change values for the cost is not working. I'm very interested in SP. Hope you can help me too.

Sorry, forgot to attach the file. Another thing, there is no "Add Attribute" button on my dialog.

Attachments:

I'll try switching languages on my machine and see if I can duplicate the problem

Hi, Al, thanks for your answer. 

I'd like to add that even in english I have this problem.

Update. I tested in other machines. If I set the formats to english (US or others) SD works fine, but when I set to portuguese (Brasil) for exemple, SD dont recognize values. Probally there is a incompatibility of number formats inside the ruby.

I just encountered the same bug, and I narrowed down where it comes from. Take a look under the language options and refer to the image to reproduce, or temporarily fix the bug. Hope it helps.

We posted a new version of SpaceDesign, where you can substitute another keyboard character or text for the Currency symbol, as another way to fix this problem.

Here I am substituting "USD " for my normal currency symbol, the "$" sign:

The "@" is used to indicate that a space will be placed before or after the substituted text if you need it.

It doesn't really fix the problem though, as it still only works when I change the decimal sign from [,] to [.] as I described above, and when I do that it recognizes all symbols normally. So the override can't really help with anything here as it changes the currency symbol, which however doesn't cause any trouble to begin with. And changing the decimal sign is actually the thing I still would want to avoid most, given that the numpad for example only has the [,] here, making it useless when I 'fix' the problem like that, so for commercial customers without US keyboards and format a proper fix would be crucial.

To me it looks like some kind of internal calculation error, probably somewhere in the code where the program explicitly expects a [.] in a given variable, making the result go haywire when the standard decimal sign is [,]. Given it only happens during cost calculation it should be able to narrow down the possible location of the error to some very few places.

We posted a new version, NF27, with a fix for this:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/download/

We now use the Locale setting for the number and currency format, although we still use the number of decimal places indicated in the SpaceDesign Attribute definitions. Here is what I see now if I set my locale to be Germany:

Switching to English (U.S.), I see:

This is an option can can be turned off if it causes any other problems in SpaceDesign:

Works perfectly so far, very nice solution and fast support.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service