I am having problems with some materials.  When I try and load any type of siding Sketchup shuts down and I get a bug splat.  It does not do this for brick.  I have not tried many other materials but it seems to be all of the siding.  Can anyone help me with a solution.  Thank you.

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can duplicate it.

I'll try to fix it and post a new version quickly.

I posted a new version, KI02, to fix this.

http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

Please download and try that.

I have a problem like that. my problem is every time I try to render with added light points for my interior, the rendering gets stuck and the only option I have is shutting down sketchup. Can you help me? It's very irritating I bought it for €600 and it doesn't even work properly. I can't get the realistic pictures that i want.

Rich Hart said:

Can you send me something to try to duplicate what you are experiencing?

Along with some steps to reproduce what you are seeing?

You can go here to send us a sample model and some steps to help us figure out what is going wrong:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

Thanks,

Rich

Do you mean the sketchup model I tried it on? I can also make some screenshots if thats necessary. 

Rich Hart said:

You can go here to send us a sample model and some steps to help us figure out what is going wrong:

Thanks,

Rich

Yes, please send us the model along with any screen shots that we can use to reproduce this problem.

Thanks.

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Do you mean the sketchup model I tried it on? I can also make some screenshots if thats necessary. 

Rich Hart said:

Thanks,

Rich

I've send my document and some screenshots. But i have discovered thats its not the lights. It's because I have all the interior inside. I discovered it because my other models with furniture also can't be rendered 

Rich Hart said:

Yes, please send us the model along with any screen shots that we can use to reproduce this problem.

Thanks.

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Rich Hart said:

Thanks,

Rich

Thank you for sending the model. It rendered for me, but it did take 16 minutes to extract the data before opening the render window and starting the rendering process. During that time, there were long periods of time where it appeared that nothing was happening.

I am guessing that you assumed SketchUp was hung and needed to be stopped, since no progress messages were appearing.

We are currently working on speeding up the extraction process and doing a better job of updating the progress bar in a more timely manner to avoid problems like this.

Rich

Carlo Mespreuve said:

I have a problem like that. my problem is every time I try to render with added light points for my interior, the rendering gets stuck and the only option I have is shutting down sketchup. Can you help me? It's very irritating I bought it for €600 and it doesn't even work properly. I can't get the realistic pictures that i want.

Rich Hart said:

So it doesn't matter that the time doesn't goes on? Even if it's frozen it's still rendering?

Rich Hart said:

Thank you for sending the model. It rendered for me, but it did take 16 minutes to extract the data before opening the render window and starting the rendering process. During that time, there were long periods of time where it appeared that nothing was happening.

I am guessing that you assumed SketchUp was hung and needed to be stopped, since no progress messages were appearing.

We are currently working on speeding up the extraction process and doing a better job of updating the progress bar in a more timely manner to avoid problems like this.

Rich

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Rich Hart said:

Right. We have always had a problem where if SketchUp loses focus, the progress bar stops reporting.

Also, there can be stretches of time where we are looping through the geometry where no new elements are found to add to the reported total, so the progress does not change.

We are currently working on fixing this.

A trick I use to see if the extraction process is still working is to go to the folder where we are saving the data, and use the F5 key to see if the file that that we are saving, called 'batch_file.txt', is still growing. The batch folder is usually:

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\nXt_batch

(It may be in a different location if you have taken the trouble to manually specify where the temporary files are written.)

You can get there quickly by typing "%TEMP%" in a Windows File Explorer window and then finding the folder called "nXt_batch":

It's contents should look like this:

If you click inside of the window, and then press the F5 key to refresh the view, you'll see the file "batch_file.txt" increase in size. That let's you know that the process is still working and you should just wait until it finishes. This trick doesn't always work in Windows 10 however. On some Windows 10 machines the file size is not getting updated.

There is another file that we are placing in that folder that is named to represent the current progress. Noticing how the name of that file changes might help reassure you that progress is still occurring.

Try that sometime and see if it's helpful.

Carlo Mespreuve said:

So it doesn't matter that the time doesn't goes on? Even if it's frozen it's still rendering?

Rich Hart said:

Rich

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Rich Hart said:

ok thx

Rich Hart said:

Right. We have always had a problem where if SketchUp loses focus, the progress bar stops reporting.

Also, there can be stretches of time where we are looping through the geometry where no new elements are found to add to the reported total, so the progress does not change.

We are currently working on fixing this.

A trick I use to see if the extraction process is still working is to go to the folder where we are saving the data, and use the F5 key to see if the file that that we are saving, called 'batch_file.txt', is still growing. The batch folder is usually:

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\nXt_batch

(It may be in a different location if you have taken the trouble to manually specify where the temporary files are written.)

You can get there quickly by typing "%TEMP%" in a Windows File Explorer window and then finding the folder called "nXt_batch":

It's contents should look like this:

If you click inside of the window, and then press the F5 key to refresh the view, you'll see the file "batch_file.txt" increase in size. That let's you know that the process is still working and you should just wait until it finishes. This trick doesn't always work in Windows 10 however. On some Windows 10 machines the file size is not getting updated.

There is another file that we are placing in that folder that is named to represent the current progress. Noticing how the name of that file changes might help reassure you that progress is still occurring.

Try that sometime and see if it's helpful.

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Rich Hart said:

Rich

Carlo Mespreuve said:

Rich Hart said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service