I just upgraded to PG23nxt 7.0 in the middle of completing a project. I am rendering a residence exterior with bright sun. All worked fine before upgrading and now I am not getting any shadows. I've tried changing setting everyway possible but no luck! Suggestions?

Views: 278

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you send us that model, and we can try in in the old version and the new one and see what might be different?

You can either zip it up and attach it to a reply here, or use this link:

http://www.renderplus.com/wp2/uploads/

to send it to us.

Thanks,

Rich

Here is my latest version. Meanwhile I will go back to an earlier work in progress model to what happens. Thanks.

Dana

I rendered an older version of the model but the same thing is happening. Just an observation but it looks like I am getting a high level of light bounce off the ground washing out the picture. Notice the undersides of the roof overhangs and the ceiling trusses in the open 2 story.

Try this.

Load the option settings from the file that you posted called 'Before.jpg' and then render it again:

I haven't figured out what is different yet, but that may get you back to a state where you can get some work done.

I also reloaded your model, use the More/Load Option Values/Load Factory Defaults option button and was able to render this image;

I had to uncheck "Sky" on the presets tab so that the background image displayed.

You might try that also.

I have found the issue! Apparently, when I installed the new software the "Burn Adjustment" was set high wiping out all the detail. I have done another rendering and opened up the "Adjustments and Filters" window and made several changes that helped. Something that does not seem right is when I set the "Brightness" adjustment around 40 - 48 there are incremental changes in the brightness, but when set to 50 it take a big jump in brightness. So I can work with the model but I have lost some color the way I want it so I will need to play with the materials, sun/sky intensity and whatever else to get it back the way it was. Let me know if you think or find anything else! Thanks.

My rendering looked much like yours, just need to now tweak the settings. Thanks!

Rich-

I have another question regarding this model. I would like to move the background picture further away to be more representative of actual view. Is this possible?

You might try playing around with the scale of the background image and using the Layer Wizard to reposition it to see if that helps:

Dana Berry said:

Rich-

I have another question regarding this model. I would like to move the background picture further away to be more representative of actual view. Is this possible?

I wasn't having any luck with the scale options in layer wizard before. This time I found how to get the sizing pins to rescale ...... works great! Thanks for all your help! I will upload the final rendering later this week.

I was having a little trouble scaling, etc. in the Layer Wizard myself. When I get get caught up, I'll see if I can fix the problems I ran into.

I look forward to seeing your final rendering!

Dana Berry said:

I wasn't having any luck with the scale options in layer wizard before. This time I found how to get the sizing pins to rescale ...... works great! Thanks for all your help! I will upload the final rendering later this week.

Well, I muddled through this process with success. Here is my final rendering! Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos
Mar 11
Chi Lau posted photos