Hi Guys,

Happy New Year!

Having a problem getting an image texture to show the proper detail. Here is a pic showing the sketchup model and background image used and to the right is a render. The material appears to be losing definition and it doesn't show as a fabric. Granted, this was a quick test render though there were 174 passes when the screenshot was made. But I did expect to see more definition so that it looks like the original material, which you can also see in the other image. I tried playing with a few auto bump settings but the results were no better and in some cases worse. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know it's New Years Eve so if you don't get back to me today, that's quite alright.   

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading the previous discussion and I may have a similar issue. Going to try a smaller image

It looks like that did it.  This one, though done quickly, is much better after I reduced the size.  What are the odds of two questions with the same answers in the same hour.  Thanks

Would it be possible for you to send me that large image and the smaller one to see if I can duplicate this behavior here?

And maybe the model too?

Thanks,

Rich

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

Latest Activity

Rudi Schwarz posted photos