I have managed to install the free version of RPS 3D PDF successfully and the navigation bar appears ok in sketchup, but when I press create pdf the progress bar appears but follwed emmediately with a box behind titled: skp_to_3d_pdf.exe, and saying 'skp_to_3d_pdf.exe has stopped working, A problem casued the program to stop working correctly'.

Its the same with any file I try. Any ideas on how to fix?

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you double click on that file, skp_to_3d_pdf.exe, and see if it runs for you as a stand-alone application?

It should be located in:

C:\Program Files\Render Plus Systems\3D_PDF

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\3D_PDF

if you are on a 64 bit machine.

It should open the 3D PDF dialog and also an Open File dialog to select an SKP file from the disk, if it works.

Thanks

(its a 64 bit machine) Yes that opens as you have described, but then when I select a .skp file no thumbnail appears and when I go to 'create pdf', the same thing happens as previously described.

Using the stand-alone method only use to work with SketchUp 7 files. I didn't expect that it would still work.

But, from within SketchUp, when you click on the center button on our toolbar, the 3D PDF dialog appears, right?

Do you get the "Stopped working" when you click on "Create PDF", or before that?

Yes the dialog appears in SU8. The "stopped working" appears after I click the "create PDF" button. The progress bar appears and reaches the last but one bar before the error occurs.

After you click "Create PDF", we save all the information that we need from SketchUp into a folder with the model name a sunfolder with your AppData/Roaming folder, and then launch skp_to_3d_pdf.exe to process that file.

For example, if I'm in a model called test.skp, we save the data into a folder called:

C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\RPS 3D PDF\test

and we call:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Render Plus Systems\3D_PDF\skp_to_3d_pdf.exe

with

C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\RPS 3D PDF\test\nxt_render_params.txt

as the only parameter.

So everything the program needs should be stored on your hard drive.

Could you find the folder with that data in it and zip it up and send it to me?

Hopefully, I can just run it here and duplicate the error that you're getting.

Sorry, took me some time to figure out that the appdata file was a hidden one! I hope these ar ethe right files. Let me knwo if you need more. Thanks

Attachments:

Thanks, I get the same error here.

I'll track it down and fix it.

I posted a new version of RPS 3D PSF with a fix for this at:

http://www.renderplus.com/php/download_links.php

I tested it with your model on 4 machines, so I think we're good.

Thanks.

I'm playing about with it but everything seems to work really well now. Being a computer novice myself, you have been very helpful, thank you. Top rate service!

This is a great sketch up plugin. I'll purchase soon and spread the word.

Keep up the good work.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service