Hi,

I'd like to create a frosted plastic material that I'll be using to create custom wall lights. How would this be achieved? I'm using ArielVision for sketchup.

Thanks

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can right click on a face with that material and use ArielVision/Edit Material right click edit to set the translucency and transparency of the material for the wall light. Set a low reflection value to look like plastic.

If you want the material to be the light source, just set the Illumination for the material.

Otherwise, you can place a light, like a point light from the Render Ready Components dialog, behind the face to illuminate through the material. The settings for translucency and transparency will depend on what you want the material to look like, and how much light you want to shine through the material.

Thanks for your reply.

However, as far as I can tell, there is no way of creating a frosted effect? In other words:

I can see that there is a way of having blurry reflections. However, I cannot see how to make a blurry transparency, such that, for example:

1. with a point-light-source behind the diffusive material in question,  the appearance would not be of a point source, but a radial gradient, brightest in the centre.  

2. if the diffusive, translucent material is placed in front of the camera, it could act as a softener, as used, for example, in photography.

Thanks again

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Render Plus created this Ning Network.

Search

Enter a phrase here to search the entire Render Plus web site:

Translate

© 2024   Created by Render Plus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service